We apologize for the recent lack of progress updates, including demonstrations of newly implemented features or even a new soundtrack song. Our developers have either been on vacation (since the holidays have been all around), or have been taking a break. We’re still working on this project, and we’re hoping to have something significant to share in the first two months of 2019. As always, when we have something new to share, you’ll see a post on this website, as well as on our Facebook and Twitter accounts (and typically YouTube, since we usually show stuff off in video form).
We now have a click+drag floor placement implemented in the game! This also goes for floor removal. Next, we’ll be working on the wall and terrain tools, which we’ll share more progress updates of when they are ready.
We’ve been receiving some frequent comments which we would like to answer right here on the front of our website. We hope this will provide a little more understanding about this project.
1. When will this game be available?
– It will be done when it’s done, there’s no set release. Though, we do plan on releasing a proof of concept demo by the end of the year if possible, and we estimate this should be completed within the 2020-2023 range.
2. Where can I download this game?
– As it is not yet available, there are no places in which this game can be downloaded. However, when we have a build ready, we will share download links on our site.
3. This project seems slow, what’s up with that?
– This is a hobby project, plus most developers have a schedule for school and/or work, so having time to work on this is usually a little difficult for them, but all of us still work hard and stick to making the well-known “MLP in The Sims” animations become a reality.
As always, contact us if you have any questions and we’ll reach you as soon as possible. Typically, the best way to reach us is through our Discord server.
UPDATE: The position is now filled. Thank you for your interest! If any new positions open up again, we will share about it again.
Attention! We have a new programming position open! Currently, we need someone who can start with assisting in creating and implementing Sims style walls (and the wall tool), and eventually work on other tools such as terrain adjustment, pond and pool tools, etc. Some important things to note: the game’s language is C#, and we are developing with Unity 2017.3.0f3 (f1 works as well). Game files are accessed via Gitea (like GitHub but more secure), and tasks are organized and managed on HacknPlan.
Want to get a quick look at some graphics exploration for our game? You can watch the video above to satisfy your curiosity. These are not final graphics, and are subject to change throughout development. At the moment, we plan to have a more “flat” look, but with the shadow style seen in the video. We also plan to include various prop effects, much like the flower and the wind as also seen in the video.